Don Pablo's Guide: The Best Classic Italian Tiramisu Recipe
This delicious and unbelievably easy Tiramisu recipe is made with coffee soaked lady fingers, sweet and creamy mascarpone (no raw eggs!), and cocoa powder dusted on top. It requires no baking and can be made in advance!
- Use true espresso for this tiramisu recipe, as it will yield the richest of flavors.
- Add a few tablespoons of coffee liqueur to give this dessert an extra coffee kick!
- This is a no-bake dessert, meaning it’s somewhat better for the planet as less energy is required!
- Let this tiramisu cake chill for a full 24 hours in order to bring out the richest flavors.
- Pair this classic Tiramisu with a light roast coffee to bring out the espresso flavors of this decadent dessert.
What makes our recipe different:
Our Tiramisu does not use raw eggs. It’s the easiest tiramisu recipe to make, and there’s no sacrifice in flavor.
Traditional Tiramisu uses raw egg yolks and sugar beaten and then combined with raw whipped egg whites and mascarpone. We’ve tried that method, but thought people would most likely be turned off by the raw eggs. 🥚
So, we ultimately decided to swap out the egg whites in favor of fresh whipped cream, because I like the flavor and texture more. The result is delicious and EASY! You’re going to love it!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Ladyfingers: If you want to opt for the Gluten-Free version, try these delicious gluten-free ladyfingers
- Mascarpone: it wouldn’t be true Tiramisu without mascarpone, but if you absolutely must, you could substitute cream cheese.
- Coffee: we prefer Don Pablo Signature Blend or Don Pablo Bourbon Infused Coffee
- Heavy Whipped cream
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla extract: or substitute imitation vanilla
- Cocoa powder: for dusting on top
How to make Tiramisu:
- Mix creamy filling. Beat the mascarpone, cream, sugar, and vanilla together until stiff peaks.
- Dip lady fingers. Add the espresso to a shallow bowl and dip the lady fingers on both sides (don’t let them soak–just a quick dip!)
- Layer mascarpone. Smooth a layer of the mascarpone/whipped cream mixture on top of the lady fingers.
- Repeat. Add another layer of lady fingers (dipped in coffee) and another layer of cheese mixture. Dust with cocoa powder.
MAKE AHEAD AND FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS:
Tiramisu is even better when made in advance, allowing the flavors to blend! It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
To freeze, make completely, but don’t dust with cocoa powder. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then tinfoil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and dust with cocoa powder a few hours before serving.